Booking Agent Needed
Posted on April 8, 2016
Securing gigs for kensambury.com by maintaining relationships with the right people: promoters, clubs, soca artiste, etc. <Click for a Brief Background of what kensambury.com is>
- Develop contacts with individuals and organizations, and apply effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients’ success.
- Keep informed of industry trends and deals.
- Collect fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
- Arrange and attend meetings concerning issues involving kensambury.com’s clients and sponsors.
- Confer with Ken to develop strategies for kensambury.com, and to explain actions taken on kensambury.com’s behalf.
- Negotiate with party promoters, media managers and other persons regarding kensambury.com’s contractual rights and obligations.
- Schedule promotional or performance engagements for kensambury.com.
- Manage business and financial affairs for kensambury.com, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Obtain information about or otherwise ensure that Ken’s working conditions and accommodations meet the required specifications.
- Simple Clerical Duties – Develop proposals, quotes, invoices and presentations.
- Prepare periodic accounting statements for kensambury.com
- Managing the assistants who accompany Ken on gigs
- Basic Photography – Taking pictures using a cell phone / or GoPro & updating the kensambury.com Social Media.
Skills & Requirements
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Extroverted – Must love working with people and be energised by other people.
- Effective communication – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Complex Problem Solving & Critical Thinking – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning & Listening – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- A Valid Passport & willing to travel.
- Five CXC, CSEC or GCE passes including Math and English. A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or International Relations will be an asset.
- Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Leadership – Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Independence / Working from home – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Social Orientation – Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Self Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Innovation – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
A fixed percentage of all the bookings arranged.
6-8 Hours per week.
Our objective is to allow the booking agent the opportunity to earn exponentially while driving business through well established relationships.
To Apply (Deadline April 18th, 2016):
Send your resume & 2 pictures of yourself (one face shot and one fully body) to email@example.com